A charming walkway can define your landscape in a unique way. Brick walkways of vivid color and design cutting through your backyard or your gardens can be idyllic and add an earthly beauty to your home. Many homeowners are opting for walkways paved with brick to get that rustic look. Rod’s Masonry has worked on many projects where a walkway was used to define the landscape and give it a different kind of beauty.
There are many ways to use brick walkways to add beauty to your home. Our design team is there to assist you in picking the best fit. However, there are a few design ideas that are very popular and you can consider them for your home.
- Straight and wide: Walkways and paths that are straight and wide appear grand and dramatic to the eye, especially when plants and shrubs line the edges and spill over to the path. They look very ornate and add a sense of richness and class to your home.
- Mosaic: Bricks come in different colors and shapes and you can use that to create a beautiful pattern on your walkways, adding whatever design you wish. This design can be whimsical, floral, geometrical or plain and can add a sense of art to the walkways.
- Curved: Curved walkway designs add a sense of mystery and intrigue, especially if they are leading to a hidden garden or a nook in the corner. A long, curved walkway winding through the backyard looks interesting and adds charm to the setting.
- Formal and Sharp: The versatile brick will accommodate whatever style you choose. If you want to showcase a more formal appearance, using even-sized, even-colored brick in a distinctly plain and uncluttered pattern would work perfectly. Create a wide path and add a border and you have a perfect, formal looking walkway.
- Aged and Distressed: For the rustic, old-world look, you can utilize old but sturdy bricks that have seen some wear. Recycling old bricks or sandblasting them is the best way to pull off this pattern.