Every house needs hardscaping that matches its design and overall look and feel. Hardscaping is an essential part of the design of the house. Retaining walls keeping your yards and gardens in place, walkways and driveways allow you to move about comfortably and a good patio can be an ideal place to just hang out and entertain. Landscape pavers can add to the charm of your house, depending on what you pick. At Rod’s Masonry, we offer complete paving solutions and can deal with all your pavement needs.
Brick pavements have been around for years. Many homeowners have used them for their driveways, walkways and other hardscaping needs. There’s something very easy and adaptable about the traditional brick that fits into every design concept easily, be it classic, modern, urban or rustic. It is the versatility of brick that makes it the preferred choice amongst homeowners everywhere.
- Durability: A properly laid brick pathway or walkway can last for a lifetime. It can endure a heavy amount of traffic and yet remain sturdy and strong for many years. It is this durability that makes bricks one of the more preferred driveway pavers available in the market.
- Low Maintenance: One of the specialties of brick is that it requires very little maintenance. Once it has been sealed perfectly, it only needs to be washed, which can be done by soap and water, about once or twice in a year. It is best that you seal the bricks after a washing to maintain their integrity.
- Low Cost of Repair: Brick pavements are very easy to repair. If a brick paver cracks or is damaged in any way, you just need to lift it up and replace it with a new one. There’s very little effort and expense involved in repairing a brick pavement.
- Color and Design: These days, bricks come in various colors and designs and you can pick one that fits the overall design of your home. The color of the brick doesn’t really fade over time so it remains vibrant and attractive for many years.
- Cost of Installation: Brick pavements are very easy to install, and can be used immediately after they are set. This ensures you aren’t inconvenienced by a long wait after the paver installation. With brick, your driveway or walkway can be used the moment the installation is done.